The New Mexico Library, Archives and Records Center building is home to two state agencies: the Commission of Public Records, an independent agency commonly known as the State Records Center and Archives, and the State Library, a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs.
The main entrance to our facility is located at 1209 Camino Carlos Rey in Santa Fe.
Our mailing address is:
New Mexico State Records and Archives
1205 Camino Carlos Rey,
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507
The Archives and Historical Services Division is located in the New Mexico Library, Archives and Records Center Building
The walk-in address is 1209 Camino Carlos Rey.
The archives reading room is located on the lower floor, just left of the main entrance.
The agency is open Monday through Friday (except holidays) from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Records Warehouse – 8:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Archivist Reference Assistance – 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Documents may be requested in advance for availability between 10:00 AM to 4:00 p.m.
- Archives Research Room 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Administrative Law 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. On the day previous to and the day of the rule-filing deadline, the Division opens at 8:00 a.m.
General Staff Meetings are periodically held during the morning
from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. During those meetings, the agency is closed.
Phone numbers and e-mail addresses are:
For IPRA (Inspection of Public Records Act) request for the State Records Center & Archives (SRCA) ONLY, please email IPRA.StateRecords@state.nm.us